The past week has been just wonderful. I went to the beach with a bunch of friends on the weekend, found out that two of my best friends are expecting a baby, got new yarn (for the expected baby), and reconnected with some friends. Not bad for 7 days.


I got the yarn at Lettuce Knits again, after having zero success and becoming overwhelmed at Romni. I joked with the proprietress about my addiction to spinning, and settled upon some koigu and a lucy neatby pattern for the wee sweater. I used the picot cast on for the very first time. I'm pretty sure I cast on wrong - it looked kind of funny - but I continued on and almost got to the armholes before I realised it was way to big!!! I thought first 'ah well, so the baby will be a little older when he/she wears it' but then I thought 'no, i will rip it all out. Otherwise it will be ridiculous and I will run out of yarn.' So I'm back at row 6 now, but I used the knitted cast on and it looks much better.


So I didn't get much knitting done, but it's been a great week anyways!

Until next week,

Elena

1 comments:

What pretty yarn. I bet it's a joy to knit!

2:08 p.m.  

Newer Post Older Post Home