WIP


Starting over, refreshing, renewing. Good Septemberish things.

I'm switching blogs... to one I started and promptly dropped a couple of years ago. Now, rather than simply waxing indulgent about my life, I'm going to frame my waxing within my addiction of choice, knitting.

For instance, the sweater to the side is one I knit and pretty much finished over the summer. It's a knitting pure and simple design, knit in a 100% wool yarn from fleece artist that doesn't seem to be available any more. This is a simple, serviceable sweater. The colour is greeeat... the red-brown that I'm addicted to right now, and I know it will bloom beautifully when washed but it's been sitting folded on the back of various chairs for two months now and is still unwashed. I was seduced by sexy new projects... with intricate cables, with so so soft handpainted merino, in mindblowingly multicoloured tweeds...

This sweater is the "good guy" knit, tragically taken for granted and ignored in favour of the naughty, unnecessary knits. But when fall comes in earnest, and i want a cozy sweater to wear with jeans on the weekend I will be sorry... hmmm... maybe I'd better go wash it.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home