'til Christmas.

I've started my Christmas knitting, ladies and gentlemen. Pip's getting a sweater, someone's getting a scarf and someone's getting a hat. The hat may be for me...

The sleeve to the left is part of Pip's sweater. It's impossible to make a surprise sweater for a man you live with so I'm not even trying. This is the saddle-shouldered aran cardigan - my first Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater. The yarn is Classic Elite Skye Tweed and I am just.loving.it. The colours in the tweedy goodness are really interesting, and the cable pattern is like crack. For great pics of a finished object see my knitting hero brooklyntweed. This sweater is also fueling an audio-book obsession as I can't not multi-task. I've gone through two mysteries, and now I'm listening to Soon I will be Invincible... recommended by Mr. Pip and, ironically, a page-turner.

At the current rate, and especially as I will be on holidays soon (at the end of the week!!!), I estimate that I'll finish up in a month and a half. I will certainly not be putting this in the dryer. Can you imagine???

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home